If you have a living room side table and its anything like mine its probably cluttered with a lot of opened post, mugs, small toys and remote controls.
Not excatley stylish is it?
So when Wayfair got in touch and asked if I was up for style challenge I thought this could be the perfect opportunity to re-stye my side table situation with some more glamorous accessories. I had always like the idea of adding a touch of gold into our very neutral lounge.
Our lounge was one of the first rooms we decorated when we moved in – so we were dictated by our existing furniture and curtains from our previous home – it’s something I very much want to update – but for now adding in small pieces of furniture and accessories helps give the room a fresh look.
Shopping through Wayfair’s extensive site I chose this chic mirror topped round table with a geometric iron and gold leaf base. I like the Art Deco look of it, the feeling of space it creates and really it only needed a few accessories to make it stand out. I have some fab vintage pineapple book ends that sit on another sideboard in the room so this pineapple lamp fitted perfectly – and gives just the amount of light when reading or working on my laptop in the evening.
** How to style your side table with the Midas touch **
- Think of your proportions. Something with height like a lamp, picture frame or plant is a good starting point. Then add in a few smaller items like candles, a small bowl of matches or a neat vase and then something more flat like books or coaster.
- Always think in groups of three – this will help give your table some balance. Mentally divide the table into three before styling up.
- For a stylish and more cohesive look stick to a similar palette of colour but mix up the patterns and textures.
- A rectangle tray can be a great way to group items together – especially for a mini bar area – and looks great on a round table too.
- Stack a set of boxes on top of each other – plus they are great for hiding bits and bobs (think remotes, small toys, pens)
- A simple and quick side table styling trick is to place a trio of vases on the table – you can buy sets with different heights – go for a contrasting colour for a striking effect.
** This is a sponsored post but all pictures, words and thoughts are of course my own.
OMG I love that lamp!
It is so simple and elegant that it can be treated as luxury and nobody will doubt about it’s price. 🙂
Great choice! 👍🏻 Gotta love wayfair 😍