Today Mr VIB and I will be celebrating 20 years together.
I actually can’t believe it.
Half my life has been spent with this one person who everyday makes me smile, laugh, annoyed, frustrated, crazy, happy and a whole host of other emotions that can only come from being with someone who knows you inside out.
We’re both not naturally very soppy or over sentimental. So, we won’t be celebrating with a candle lit dinner or a night away. These things, are of course lovely and important – but just not to us.
As we have got older we’ve realised its more important to know we’ve built an unbreakable bond that will hopefully last our whole lives. Of course, it hasn’t always been easy and sometimes I wonder where the time has gone.
We both come from extended families and difficult families backgrounds – which I think has made us even more united in wanting to build a secure home for us but mainly for Miss M.
So, instead of moonlight and roses. I give you 20 things I’ve learnt about love, relationships and finally, marriage in 20 years in movie quotes (and so much more stylishly than a standard card!)
Happy 20th Anniversary Mr VIB – and here’s to the next 20!
* Relationship’s, marriage, love – all hard work but so totally worth it.
* Mr VIB and I spend the first 10 years of our relationship long distance. It can work – believe me.
* No matter what remember to ‘smile’ at each other every day – see what a difference it makes.
* Ain’t that the truth – and why would you or should you want too (this doesn’t include fashion – you can always change/have a hand in that!)
* Why wouldn’t you?
* This also includes when pregnant/giving birth/stressed/drunk/hungover…
* This is one movie we both agree on and love – and the song at the end just about sums it up!
* One of my fave movies ever – so old Hollywood love story. And, it has George Clooney in. Message – no harm in tidying yourself up now and again for you if nothing else.
* It hasn’t been an easy or plain sailing 20 years for either of us – but I wouldn’t change a thing.
* This is a good one for when your feel an argument approaching- if the anger isn’t about the here and now (and involves dragging up the past) then don’t say it! (harder than it seems!)
* I actually think this is absolute nonsense. ALWAYS say sorry if you’re in the wrong and never go to bed on an argument – ever!
*Or a wing man, partner in crime or Bonnie to its Clyde!
* That is the goal everyday.
* I am a better version of myself because I have grownup with someone I respect more than anything.
* Re-read it. Isn’t it beautiful?
* You will know when this makes sense to you…
* Above all else. This.
* This is true love.
* Be thankful for yesterday, today, tomorrow… The first 8 minutes of this movie is possibly my most favourite love story of all. Breaks my heart every time but reminds you to grab Every. Single. Moment.
What’s the movie quote of your life?