If you haven’t already discovered Walkmates – a great collection of kids shoes exclusive to the UK in Marks and Spencer – then read on and let me tell you what you’re missing!
Miss Marnie was lucky enough to be sent a gorgeous silver pair of T-Bar shoes to try – but, we had recently discovered Walkmates ourselves after choosing these fab star print boots for our Disneyland Paris holiday last month.
She wore them almost everyday on holiday and really didn’t want to take them off at night (or her Disney dress but that’s another story!) She is now the same with these silver ones – and who can blame her – metallic shoes are the best!
5 Great reasons to try Walkmates:
* The Mama-approved bit: High quality materials with slip resistant soles (hello, playground), most with a stain defence outer and all under £30.
* The Guaranteed bit: Lightweight designs, flexible soles and foam padding underfoot that mean kids may never want to take them off. The extra-toe room in all designs mean extra ‘wiggle’ and growth room.
* The Science Bit: Fit specified by a podiatrist and approved by The Collage of Podiatry meaning they allow small feet to develop properly.
* The Clever bit: ‘Fit-check’ – this is a removable in-sole that means you can check in an instant if the shoes still fit. Just get your little one to stand on insole on a flat surface to judge if correct size.
* The Kid-approved bit: Funky designs, some unisex styles and fab (i.e non-boring) colour ways and patterns. Easy to put on themselves too – with Velcro straps, soft grip zippers and elastic laces (Miss M feels very grown up putting hers on herself everyday.)
If that hasn’t got to running in the right direction then maybe these summer designs will – plus for the first time the range extends up from a size 4 small to a size 11.
V. I. BE HONEST: Miss Marnie was a very lucky girl to be sent some new shoes – but views are of course all mine!