You’re never to young – or too old for that matter – to play shops.
While looking for ideas for Miss Marnie for Christmas I came across these gorgeous and oh-so-stylish wooden market stalls that I had to share them with you. (Miss M is getting the Howa one – shh!)
I mean who can resist a wooden toy – and, if it encourages role play all the better. Never underestimate the importance of role play. Although, it may just look like play time and frankly that they are making a mess – I wholeheartedly believe they’re really are learning important life skills.
OK, Miss M may not need to learn how to shop with me as her mentor (!) – but what about learning how to play nice, sharing her toys (pretending to buy items), counting with play money, manners and keeping her shop neat and tidy? All life skills right there…
|Howa // Melissa & Doug // John Lewis // Le Toy Van (Please note price varies from £50- £55)|
|Great Little Trading Company|
Educational and fun (and, don’t even get me started on how much enjoyment I’m going to have restocking and re-merchandising the shelves…). Most of them don’t come with any food or shopping extras – but, building up a collection will make great ideas for presents and searching for wooden food online is so much FUN! Go on have a look…
Although, they are not cheap they really will last and will look so much nicer in the corner of your front room than a brightly coloured plastic one!
Here’s some of my fave picks:
1) Till £20 John Lewis
2) Scales £14.95 Le Toy Van at Wooden Toyshop
3) Mini shopper £8 Cath Kidston
4) Baskets (set of 2) £15 Great Little Trading Company
5) Cash resister £13 Ikea
6) Wooden crates £10 Great Little Trading Company
7) Bag for life (filled with food) £10 ELC
8) Trolley £49.99 Santoys
1) Ice-lollies set £16.64 Le Toy Van
2) Fridge set £14.72 Melissa & Doug
3) Milk bottles and carton £13.89 Santoys
5) Vegetable set £7 Ikea – Had to include these felt and Velcro foods – I know they aren’t wooden – but they are such good value. Miss M has these, the fruit set and basket too!
6) Oils and sauces set £8.99 Lelin
7) Biscuit set £12 ELC
Love these ready filled crates from Le Toy Van with branded newspaper lining – and how cute are the fabric flowers?
|All from £12 each Le Toy Van|
The Fashoinista’s faves mini treat – the Macaroon gets the wooden treatment. I especially love that they come in a super stylish box.
|Box of 6 Macaroons £8.25 Djeco at Tickety-Boo|
How very modern? and organic too…
|Pasta set £12 ELC|
And, I couldn’t resist adding this Waitrose branded trolley…ha ha!
Trolley £22 John Lewis