OK, so technically its not a club. But, hopefully it caught your attention?
Because honestly when was the last time you shopped in Boots for baby or toddler clothes? That’s what I thought. I too admit to overlooking this collection on many an occasion.
Even as a regular Boots shopper – picking up nappies, baby supplies and even some mama treats (so worth it when it tops up your Advantage Card Points) – but, I have only casually glanced at the clothing.
I recently discovered the fabulous Bows & Arrows collection – it was the quirky prints that caught my eye. But, I then had a proper look around the in-house brand Mini Club and have to say I was very impressed.
The prices. The fabrics. The styles. Not only do they tick all the boxes – I was also genuinely surprised by the on-trend designs and cuts. Maybe its just my local branch that hide it away downstairs – but I feel Boots should be shouting a little louder about their collection and start giving other kids stores a run for their money.
So, when they offered to send Miss Marnie a selection of pieces from the new autumn collection we decided to find out a few more things that may just make you see the clothing range in a new light.
Go on take a look today…
Miss Marnie joins the Mini Club
Miss M was lucky to receive several pieces from our friends at Boots and from one of its strongest stories for A/W14 – Colour Bloom. A bold collection of abstract floral prints inspired by the A/W catwalk trend for ‘street art’. A mixture of sea green, hibiscus corals and charcoal grey – seen in oversized florals, stripes and prints.
This is the mood board inspirations that the designers worked from.
|One of the dresses from the Floral Bloom Collection|
What we discovered:
* The collection is available form newborn to 6 years.
* All items are machine washable at 40 degrees or less – and won’t lose its shape or colour.
* Most items can also be tumble dried without the risk of shrinkage (on a low setting)
* Nearly all pieces offer ‘friendly fit’ – in the form of expandable elasticated waistbands.
* All items are 100% cotton (except tights)
* The 3-pack tops and leggings are ‘sueded’ – a process where clothes are brushed or treated to offer a nicer feel and touch and therefore won’t irritate skin.
* Prices start at £2.
V. I. BE HONEST: Miss Marnie was sent a selection of pieces from the new AW14 collection in return for this review. All opinions are Miss M’s and mine and are #MAMAapproved