Now that Miss Marnie is almost full time at nursery I am finding dressing a her a mini-morning-style-challenge! (not really what I need when dressing myself for work is another challenge in itself!)
Working out what I’m willing to put her in and consider her ‘play’ clothes – means I’ve limited our choices somewhat. This also means she has a wardrobe full of clothes that I consider her ‘best’ items going unworn.
There’s part of me that wants to make her look like her in my fave outfits and combos and then a there is part of me that thinks ‘eek that will come back covered in paint/pen/glitter/Spag Bol’
Over this last year or so I have tried to stop this ‘best’ clothes mentally with Miss Marnie – I have done it with my own stuff and then ended up never even taking the labels of some things! Plus, blink and you miss it and they will soon outgrow those saved items.
So, I have tried to loosen up and let her wear these said ‘only for best’ pieces and thought “just wear it, love it and just bliming well wash it!” Although, saying that there’s still a few pieces I would never put her in for nursery like this pink Zara dress, her silver Angulus shoes and anything from Boden…
After buying a few cheap items intended just for playtime – I realised after a few wears that they weren’t very Miss Marnie or are cheap looking/bad quality (one pair of leggings had so little elastic that every time she walked they ended up around her ankles!)
But, on the whole I have tried to smarten up her nursery outfits – and even put her in some of her better items – just so it means that things get worn! The thing is once the item has its label taken off and has been out of the house I no longer deem it as ‘best’ – just semi-best! Is anyone else this mad or is it just me?! *
Anyway, on that note here’s a few nursery looks that are easy on the eye and the purse-strings!
|Brilliant buys for BOYS|
1) Star T-shirt £7 River Island Mini || Pull-on Shorts £16.95 Gap || Basketball shoes £5.99 H&M
2) Top £3.99 H&M || Pull-on trousers £5.99 H&M ||Canvas shoes £10 Mothercare
3) Vest £5 F&F at Tesco || Grey Shorts £8-9 Mothercare || Sandals £12.95 Gap
|Great looks for GIRLS|
- Tunic £7-8 F&F at Tesco || Shorts £5.99 H&M || Sandals £10 Mothercare
2) Top from £6.50 Sainsbury’s || Capri pants £7.99 H&M || Sandals from £10 Sainsbury’s
3) Dress £4.99 H&M || Slip-ons £12.95 Gap || Slides £3.50 Claire’s Accessories
* I blame my mother and the goddamn best bathroom ‘hand towels’ that we were never allowed to use growing up – they were just for show you see. You had to wipe you’re hands on the towel hidden under the sink. But, of course guests were allowed to use them…