Inspired by my recent posts on my favourite and most stylish mamas on Instagram. (See Part 1 here and Part 2 here.) I thought I would take a closer look at these cool mamas and try to work out the style secrets they all shared.
And, it seems none of them leave the house, do the nursery/school run or of course, take their Instagram #selfie without one or more of these chic essentials.
So, add some insta-glam to your look with these top 10 fashion and beauty buys and add yourself to #vibmamas – as I would love to see what you’re all wearing, buying or lusting after.
The Insta-Glam top 10 must-haves we all need…
1) VINTAGE SHADES – Not only do they look fabulous they hide those up-all-night dark circles or those non mascara lashes on the early school run.
2) CORAL NAILS – The perfect colour for both hands and feet (and of course your Instagram nail pictures) – this colour pretty much suits any skin type too.
3) A LARGE SCARF – Invest well and it will last forever – by this I mean designer if you can afford it. It will always make you feel polished no matter what you’re wearing (and, also makes a great emergency baby blanket!)
4) SHOPPER – Ditch that baby bag and get a large tote. It will hide all that baby paraphernalia whilst ensuring you look super stylish. Choose a metallic one – as they really do go with everything.
5) FABULOUS FLATS – Jewelled, striped, embellished – whatever a flat shoe is every chic mamas #bsf (best shoe friend). Whether they’re the latest trend (like this summer) or not – no mama should ditch her flats.
6) RED LIPS – The fastest way to look pulled together – and brighten up your face, look and your well being (believe me the power of a red lipstick cannot be denied!)
7) A COCKTAIL RING – No mama should be without some chic costume jewels – and a cocktail ring is a good place to start.
8) STATEMENT JEWELS – Wear with your fave Breton, over a buttoned-up blouse, over a grey sweatshirt or just because! A bold necklace always look good.
9) CHIC CLUTCH – For those rare nights out, holidays and mama-off-duty days because we’ve carried those diaper bags for l-o-n-g enough.
10) SOME LEOPARD PRINT! – Need I say more? A bit of leopard never let any woman down. Ever.
And, finally you’ll need a elegant or quirky phone case for that all important #selfie
1) Diane Von Furstenberg // 2) Fossil // 3) Cath Kidston // 4) Marc Jacobs // 5) Orla Kiely //
6) Moschino // 7) Marc Jacobs // 8) Kate Spade // 9) Tory Burch