Weight Watchers – TICK. Slimming World – TICK. Slim Fast – TICk. The Fast Diet (5:2) – Interesting! Jason Vale Juice Master – yes, downloaded the Apps (must buy juicer!)
Been there, got the T-shirt (and few key rings, pens, recipe cards) and still have the extra pounds to prove it.
Now, I’m not saying dieting doesn’t work – I just haven’t found one that works for me. That means one I can stick to. I was once sent to the amazing boutique boot camp Nu Beginnings as part of a feature for a diet agazine (yes, they had me at boutique!).
I admit I came back 10lbs lighter, a little fitter and with a renewed sense of ‘I can do this’! This was then promptly undone when I went to a good friends wedding and drank back the lost pounds in vodka & tonic (not slimline – oh – buffet food!)
After having a baby the ‘rush’ to get back to your pre-baby weight is a pressure and one I feel no new mum should ever feel. You body has been through enough. I am back to my pre-baby weight – but, it just so happens my pre-baby weight wasn’t so great either!
I really want to kick myself up the backside and get fit, feel a little lighter and yes, honestly fit into my vast wardrobe of summer dresses. Plus, its my birthday next week and something about nearing the big 4-0 makes you realise it’s now or never!
It was while preparing Miss Marnie’s breakfast that it dawned on me – my newly developed and in no way approved The Toddler Diet ™ is really is the way forward.
1) Miss Marnie’s first drink of the day is water. Mine is white with no sugar.
2) Eat little and often.
3) Get most of your lunch around your face – failing that throw half your food on the floor – perfect way to cut calories.
4) California Raisins make a great snack. Anytime of the day.
5) Miss Marnie had a formula intolerance so when weaning she had warm water on her Weetabix for breakfast. Now, this would be applauded at Slimming World – no milk. clap.clap.clap.
6) Eat from someone else’s plate (or, lunchbox). Share food, share the calories…
7) And, just as good shoving your food into someone elses mouth cuts your portions sizes right down too.
8) Chewing and then spitting your dinner down you gives you all the taste without the fat. Wasn’t this some weird diet craze once (not the spitting down you of course)?
9) Eating peas/sweetcorn/beans with your fingers means you take longer to eat and therefore have time for your body to register your full.
10) Run around. Like all the time. Or dance, twirl, spin and the pounds will melt away.
11) Finding a stray Goodies Carrot Stix, Ella’s Kitchen Puffits or Kiddylicious Smoothie Melts in your buggy, carseat or hair is considered FREE food. (I will just double-check with Slimming World though!)
12) Eat from one food group only. Change this from time to time to add variety to your diet.
13) Mini portions are your friend.
14) Snack on crayons, small toys, cat biscuits, play dough and cardigan sleeves to suppress hunger pains.
15) Stick to just having two of everything. A biscuit/carrot stick/rice cake in each hand means you can’t reach for more. It’s all about portion control.
16) Be afraid to try new foods. That way you will never know if you like it and therefore eat to much of it.
17) or, Refuse to eat ANYTHING.
18) Know when you are full and just stop eating. Then scream to be removed from the table this is a surefire way to eat less.
19) Your appetite should be ravenous one day and non-existent the next. So, that’s how the 5:2 works?
20) Have you seen the size of Annabel Karmel? Those ready-meals work!
Got any diet tips you would like to share?
I will take them from toddlers, especially?