Buying a baby shower gift for a new mum and her impending little bundle of joy needn’t be difficult. The trick is to buy something that is beautiful – yes, but also useful.
And, by useful I don’t mean practical things like bottles/baby grows/nappies and the likes. Although, am sure these buys would be greatly received – most mums-to-be will have stocked up on these things already.
I’m talking Luxe-Ful gifts. Luxury and useful – yes, there really is such a thing.
Lets be honest as much as every hormonal mama coos over another cute outfit or soft toy – she’s really thinking ‘not another one!’.
I know I did.
This isn’t being ungrateful I promise – it’s more a case of how many little outfits can your baby wear? And, really do you want to be ‘dressing’ them up so soon?
When Miss Marnie was born she wore nothing but baby grows and soft hand knitted cardigans for 3 months. And, it made me feel guilty having all these new outfits going unworn with the 0-3 month tag swinging from them. Plus, the added stress of knowing the gifter was anxiously awaiting a picture of baby in their purchases…
So, make a any mum-to-be or a new mum’s day (or, hell even treat yourself and the baby) to one of these luxury gifts. Not only will it ensure you top marks at the baby shower – I personally believe each and every one will be received with the correct amount of oohs and ahhs – but, have to added bonus of being loved and USED – if not overused!
My Top Ten Baby Shower Gifts:
1) This Deluxe Baby Record Photo Album £95, Aspinal of London would make a great treat or a gift from work colleagues (who could maybe club together to get it). With spaces to record everything from birth to first birthday, keepsakes, pictures and memories this is the ultimate present that lasts for years to come. You can also get the cover personalised.
2) Loved by celebrities like new mama Drew Barrymore – these Classic Muslin/Swaddle £44.95 for 4, Aden + Anais are the gold standard of muzzies! The extra large size mean they can be used as burp cloths, portable cot sheets, pram covers and nappy changing liners – and the best bit – the more you wash them the softer they get.
3) One gift I wish I had received or treated myself to is this All-in-One Nappy Wallet & Changing Mat £32.95, Melobaby. This compact case puts an end to rummaging for all those changing bits and bobs in your baby bag. They hold 4 nappies, a change of clothes, wet wipes and have a luxe fleece (washable) changing mat.
4) Milestone Baby Cards £13, JoJo Maman Bebe. This box set of 30 cute and colourful cards are to be added into your baby picts to mark all those special ‘firsts’. I have posted about them here. Also, look out for the new Milestone Pregnancy Cards launching this month.
|Miss Marnie with her ‘Today I am 11 months old’ when she was – yes, you guessed it 11 months!|
5) A new baby gift that Miss Marnie received from a good friend of mine – and one we still treasure today is this Brush and Comb set £22.95, English Trousseau Plus, it also comes in a gift box making it the perfect little gift to send in the post too.
6) An item that should never be overlooked – is a good quality bath towel. This is one present that’s never going to go unloved. Give this ‘basic’ gift some added glamour points by opting for a Cuddledry hooded towel that’s made from supersoft bamboo.
7) Jellycat soft toys are always a welcome friend. Classic, cute and above all soft. This Bashful Honey Bunny from £6.50 is a good choice for a boy or a girl.
8) A cashmere baby blanket feels like an indulgence but, really nothing comes close to the softness and snuggle factor. I mean really would you want to wrap your new bundle in anything less? These Stripe Cashmere Blankets from Ocabini (available here) make for a truly first class gift. I also love these at Cologne & Cotton.
9) If you going to give books, make them these stunning cloth covered ones by Irish designer Orla Kiely. Baby Books £9.99 each The 4 books showcase Orla’s famous prints re-worked into a variety of guises to suit her youngest fans.
|SHAPES, CREATURES, COLOURS & NUMBERS ARE £9.99 EACH|
10) No baby shower would be complete without at least one Sophie La Girafe teething toy that the new mama will be grateful for when teething sets in. But, now you can add in the newly launched beauty collection. With 6 products from £10.99 to choose from (including washes, oils and creams) you can also get a Sophie La Girafe Baby Starter Set £14.99 – with 4 travel sized beauty goodies.
|Starter set – great for newborns|
What would be your perfect baby shower gift?
Or, is there anything I have missed?
You can't beat a Sophie la Giraffe – I still love mine. Love the deluxe baby record photo album too. Lovely pics for all those mums to be xxx Ax
Thank you Miss Alba – Sophie is a fave in our house. Thanks for stopping by and loving your blog too!
I love the word Luxe-Ful, very creative. I think the milestones cards are a great gift to give these days. As many parents are all for sharing photos of their babies on social media. Saves writing a boring comment just have a milestone card in its place.
Ha ha ..thank you! Yes the cards are great – I will be review the new pregnancy ones soon also. Thanks for stopping by.
Sophie la Giraffe is one of top buy product in country, no wonder its in your list too 🙂
Im also agreed with little bit, milestones cards are great gifts these days compare with last time, we just think what will have fun to share, but now. Some creativity also included.
The teat or the areola of the child bottle encouraging controls the measure of milk that your infant gets. While there are teats that just let in a little measure of milk into your infant's mouth, it is imperative for you to recollect that it would even now more than what your child gets from breastfeeding. Kristy
All the new infant shower subject gathering supplies this year are so adorable. The hardest piece of arranging that infant shower will be settling on your shower topic. You are going to have a ton of fun arranging this shower. Simply investigate at the gathering supplies and topic thoughts you need to browse.
What to give baby shower gifts is really a confusing statement in the guest's mind whoever going to a baby shower ceremony. Last month, I wanted to give some special and surprise gift to one of my best friends' baby shower ceremony. But I don't know what happened with me when I entered a gift shop; I couldn't able to choose that surprise baby gift. Finally took a very disgusting gift which I can't mention here. Anyways, I'll remember these baby gifts whenever I have to buy some baby shower gifts. Thanks a lot.