A bookclub treat for you – with a round-up of classic Valentine’s books. Every little child should know how much they are loved – I think I tell Miss Marnie hundreds of times a day.
But, why not share one of these sweet titles with your little one this Valentine’s Day? They would also make a cute gift for a new mummy or daddy.
Lots of Love
1. A Kiss Like This by Mary Murphy (2012) – Cuddly parent and child animals show you lots of different kisses like ‘A giraffe kiss is gentle and tall’… and will ensure lots of smiles and kisses!
2. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day is Cool by James Dean and Kimberly Dean (2013) – Pete the cat is not keen on V-Day until he realises how many special cats are in his life…
3. The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond (1983) – Cornielia Augusta catches the falling rain hearts and takes them home to make some gifts for her friends – but who is going to get what?
4. Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse! by Laura Joffe Numeroff and Felicia Bond (2009) – Mouse from the If You Give A Mouse A Cookie series – celebrates the day of love with his friends.
7. Biscuit’s Valentine’s Day by Alyssa Satin Capucilli (2001) – A lift-the-flap style book where you’ll discover what mischief Biscuit and his girlfriend get up to while delivering special Valentine’s gifts.
8. Olivia and the Perfect Valentine by Natalie Shaw (2013) – Olivia is determined to make a special gift for each of her friends and family on this special day.
9. Snowy Valentine by David Petersen (2011) – Follow Jasper the bunny on a snowy day as he searches for the perfect gift for his loved one.
10. Where Is Baby’s Valentine? by Karen Katz (2006) – A sensory touchy-feely and lift-the-flap book as you search for the valentine baby has made for his mummy.