Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter…
And, Peter Rabbit is the most iconic one of all.
In fact for over 100 years children and adults imaginations have been captivated by this little bunny and his woodland friends – and this year marks the 150th birthday of author Beatrix Potter.
To celebrate there is, of course many themed pieces hitting the stores and none I love more than the Mothercare collection – which I first mentioned here.
The mainly unisex range features delicate embroidery and illustrations based on Beatrix’s original sketches.
For some, me included – Peter Rabbit pieces can be a bit twee – but this range is stylish and nostalgic and just perfect for newborns. There is also nursery items, gifts and silver pieces.
For some last minute Easter treats (or even a new baby gift) I’ve selected 15 of my favourite Peter Rabbit buys – along with the usual soft toys, table wear and collectibles – some of these times can be treasured and passed down too.
1. The Tale of Peter Rabbit and Beatrix Potter Anniversary Edition £7.99 Amazon
2. Peter Rabbit Letter R 3D figure £6.95 Beatrix Potter Shop
3.Peter Rabbit First booties set £12.99 Peter Rabbit Store
4. Jack in the Box soft toy £25 Marks & Spencer
5. Mini chocolate bar set £6.95 Charbonnel & Walker
6.Silver plated hairbrush and comb £22 Mothercare
7. Mug set £19.50 (for 2) Peter Rabbit Shop
8. My first Peter Rabbit soft toy £12.95 John Lewis
9. The World of Peter Rabbit – The Complete Collection of Original Tales from £29.99 Amazon
10. Dungarees and bodysuit £16 Mothercare
11. Jemima Puddle-Duck egg holder £19.95 Peter Rabbit Store
12. Spineless Classic poster £29.99 Amara
13. Orange Tree skittle set £14.99 John Lewis
14. Beatrix Potter 50p Coin £10 Royal Mint
15. Childrens teaset in case £68 Wedgwood
To mark this special 150th year of Beatrix Potters’ birth there is a whole host of special events on at the National Trust in the Lake District, a mini musical – at the The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction (which is celebrating 25 years this year too) and a new adventure playground opening at Willows Farm