Buying a baby shower gift for a new mum and her impending little bundle of joy needn’t be difficult. The trick is to buy something that is beautiful – yes, but also useful.
And, by useful I don’t mean practical things like bottles/baby grows/nappies and the likes. Although, am sure these buys would be greatly received – most mums-to-be will have stocked up on these things already.
I’m talking Luxe-Ful gifts. Luxury and useful – yes, there really is such a thing.
Lets be honest as much as every hormonal mama coos over another cute outfit or soft toy – she’s really thinking ‘not another one!’.
I know I did.
This isn’t being ungrateful I promise – it’s more a case of how many little outfits can your baby wear? And, really do you want to be ‘dressing’ them up so soon?
When Miss Marnie was born she wore nothing but baby grows and soft hand knitted cardigans for 3 months. And, it made me feel guilty having all these new outfits going unworn with the 0-3 month tag swinging from them. Plus, the added stress of knowing the gifter was anxiously awaiting a picture of baby in their purchases…
So, make a any mum-to-be or a new mum’s day (or, hell even treat yourself and the baby) to one of these luxury gifts. Not only will it ensure you top marks at the baby shower – I personally believe each and every one will be received with the correct amount of oohs and ahhs – but, have to added bonus of being loved and USED – if not overused!
My Top Ten Baby Shower Gifts:
1) This Deluxe Baby Record Photo Album £95, Aspinal of London would make a great treat or a gift from work colleagues (who could maybe club together to get it). With spaces to record everything from birth to first birthday, keepsakes, pictures and memories this is the ultimate present that lasts for years to come. You can also get the cover personalised.
2) Loved by celebrities like new mama Drew Barrymore – these Classic Muslin/Swaddle £44.95 for 4, Aden + Anais are the gold standard of muzzies! The extra large size mean they can be used as burp cloths, portable cot sheets, pram covers and nappy changing liners – and the best bit – the more you wash them the softer they get.
3) One gift I wish I had received or treated myself to is this All-in-One Nappy Wallet & Changing Mat £32.95, Melobaby. This compact case puts an end to rummaging for all those changing bits and bobs in your baby bag. They hold 4 nappies, a change of clothes, wet wipes and have a luxe fleece (washable) changing mat.
4) Milestone Baby Cards £13, JoJo Maman Bebe. This box set of 30 cute and colourful cards are to be added into your baby picts to mark all those special ‘firsts’. I have posted about them here. Also, look out for the new Milestone Pregnancy Cards launching this month.
|Miss Marnie with her ‘Today I am 11 months old’ when she was – yes, you guessed it 11 months!|
5) A new baby gift that Miss Marnie received from a good friend of mine – and one we still treasure today is this Brush and Comb set £22.95, English Trousseau Plus, it also comes in a gift box making it the perfect little gift to send in the post too.
6) An item that should never be overlooked – is a good quality bath towel. This is one present that’s never going to go unloved. Give this ‘basic’ gift some added glamour points by opting for a Cuddledry hooded towel that’s made from supersoft bamboo.
7) Jellycat soft toys are always a welcome friend. Classic, cute and above all soft. This Bashful Honey Bunny from £6.50 is a good choice for a boy or a girl.
8) A cashmere baby blanket feels like an indulgence but, really nothing comes close to the softness and snuggle factor. I mean really would you want to wrap your new bundle in anything less? These Stripe Cashmere Blankets from Ocabini (available here) make for a truly first class gift. I also love these at Cologne & Cotton.
9) If you going to give books, make them these stunning cloth covered ones by Irish designer Orla Kiely. Baby Books £9.99 each The 4 books showcase Orla’s famous prints re-worked into a variety of guises to suit her youngest fans.
|SHAPES, CREATURES, COLOURS & NUMBERS ARE £9.99 EACH|
10) No baby shower would be complete without at least one Sophie La Girafe teething toy that the new mama will be grateful for when teething sets in. But, now you can add in the newly launched beauty collection. With 6 products from £10.99 to choose from (including washes, oils and creams) you can also get a Sophie La Girafe Baby Starter Set £14.99 – with 4 travel sized beauty goodies.
|Starter set – great for newborns|
What would be your perfect baby shower gift?
Or, is there anything I have missed?