|Forget Breakfast in Bed – I want to wake up with my hair, make-up and nails done!|
With just under two weeks until Mother’s Day here are some gift ideas of things us mamas really want. If I was on a magazine we would’ve said something along the lines of ‘leave this page open for your other half to see…’ but now it’s more a case of email, tweet or share on Facebook! This will ensure whoever needs to see this list, sees it!
So, here’s a wish-list of gifts us mama’s would really like on Sunday 30th March…
1) You can never really go wrong with perfume now can you? This new scent is a floral.. delight! Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight £52 for 75ml Boots
2) One of the new Spring 2014 Chanel Limited Edition nail colours please! A manicure voucher would earn extra brownie points (failing that no dishes/nappy changing or food prep so our DIY mani can at least dry!) Chanel Le Vernis Nail colours in 167 Ballerina (a transuclant pink) 603 Charivari (a dark mauve) and 605 Tapage (a retro orangey-red) Chanel
3) A beautiful scented candle is always a winner – these are the best because they are subtle yet really fragrance the room even when not lit. My faves are Baies, Feuille de Lavande and this Gardenia one.
Candle from £20 Diptyque
4) A stylish – and subtle keepsake necklace that can be personalised with VIB’s names/birthdays
Necklace £45 Posh Totty Designs
5) Much longer lasting than a bouquet – this French Lavender plant will bloom all through summer and can be bedded in garden too. £27.99 notonthehighstreet
6) My all-time favourite bath oils – expensive, but you really only need a little to feel totally relaxed. I also like the Revive Morning oil for the those after one-too-many-wines AM’s! Deep Relax Bath and Shower Oil £45 Aromatherapy Associates
7) Forever searching for coins in the bottom of your purse this is the stylish answer…Coin purse £24 Jigsaw
8) Afternoon tea inspired by Roald Dahl’s classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – because everyone wants to feel young again – I mean blueberry brioche and candy floss! This is one tea the kids will probably sit down through. From £37.50 per person, One Aldwych Hotel, London
9) I don’t know why people have a problem with giving gift vouchers – they can be really thoughtful especially if they are for a pampering facial at Liz Earle! I have had two in the past and I have to say they are the BEST – you literally float out of the salon with glowing skin. From £35 Liz Earle
10) Make your keys standout when VIB is mixing them in with their toys – and also make them easy to find in an overflowing baby bag. Heart keyring £20 Aspinal of London
11) Forget fancy chocolate boxes full of chocs that you take one bite from and discard. Salted Caramel Puddles are the way forward and sorry Peppa Pig these are the only muddy puddles I want to see on Mother’s Day! Salted Caramel Chocolate Puddles £6 Hotel Chocolat
12) Failing one-night of 8-hours sleep straight – a bottle of this ‘magic’ potion will help you make peace with your eye bags. A few drops of this before bedtime is the only way to fake a ‘fully rested’ look in the morning (believe me over the years I have tried a few creams and nothing can touch this!) Guerlain Midnight Secret £69 House of Fraser
What Miss Marnie & I did for Mother’s Day last year…
When you live away from your family and have to post a Mother’s Day treat its needs to be light and unbreakable. So, I made these photo coasters from Photobox for Miss Marnie’s 4 nans! That being my mum, Mr VIB’s mum, my step-mum and my nan – Miss Marnie’s great-nan aka ‘Godnanny’.
They cost from £14.99 for a set of 4 of the same design (I brought four sets, so I had four different shots and mixed them up) and have a 2 day production time.
|What do you mean you’re going to cover my face with a mug?|